Limited Standard Warranty
HOWELL HARDWOOD FLOORING
Hapwood™ by Howell
Limited Standard Warranty
Limited Lifetime Structural Integrity Warranty
- The floor does not require job site acclimation if the adhesive manufacturer’s guidelines are properly followed. (If staples or cleats are used instead of adhesive, acclimation is not needed if that manufacturer’s recommendations are followed and if the building has been properly dried in.)
- Howell warrants, to the original purchaser, that its Hapwood™ by Howell flooring shall not contain manufacturing defects from milling or grading in excess of (3%) for the life of the floor. The industry standard is 5%.
- Howell warrants, to the original purchaser, its Hapwood™ products against delamination for the life of the product.
- (These warranties cannot be assigned or transferred unless a registered Limited Premium Warranty is in place. See Limited Premium Warranty.)
Installation of Any Flooring Constitutes Acceptance of Grade and Milling and Confirms Acceptable Job Site Conditions Exist for Installation.
- It is the responsibility of the installer to confirm prior to installation that the Hapwood™ flooring is of satisfactory appearance, including any variations of color and grade prior to installation. Once installed, Howell will not honor any claims concerning the appearance of the floor. It is also the responsibility of the installer to ensure that all job site conditions are acceptable for installation.
Hapwood™ by Howell Limited Standard Warranty Exclusions
- This Limited Standard Warranty does not cover normal expansion and contraction of wood flooring due to seasonal changes. For a warranty against seasonal movement due to humidity swings, see our Hapwood™ by Howell Limited Premium Warranty.
- This Limited Standard Warranty does not warrant labor and installation of hardwood flooring.
- This Limited Standard Warranty does not extend to cupping, crowning or delamination caused by flooding, water leaks, improper construction that allows outside moisture to contact the floor, or any other conditions causing moisture in the flooring to exceed 13%.
- The Limited Standard Warranty does not cover gaps caused by concrete cracks or floor joists settling.
- Wood is a natural product with naturally occurring imperfections and appearance. Actual products may differ in color, grain and appearance from illustrations and samples. These are not considered defects.
- Howell assumes no liability for defects which are caused by improper shipping, handling or storage after the product leaves Howell’s possession. Howell also makes no warranty with respect to defects which are caused by improper preparation of the surface on which the product is installed or by defective installation. In addition, this Limited Standard Warranty does not extend to insect infestation after the product leaves Howell’s possession.
- This Limited Standard Warranty does not cover defects or damage by improper installation, improper use of cleaning products, or abuse from sliding heavy objects across the finished product, damage cause by spiked heels, damaged caused by hard or sharp objects impacting the floor, insufficient protection from furniture, pebbles or sand.
- This Limited Standard Warranty does not cover color changes caused by exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet radiation. This Limited Standard Warranty does not cover stain color or gloss level retention for the site finished products used with the unfinished Hapwood™ products.
- Cracks or checks in the surface of the planks due to low humidity, excessively high humidity or dramatic fluctuations in humidity are inherent in all wood products and may affect a Hapwood™ floor’s finish. Cracks or face checking are not covered under this Limited Standard Warranty. As previously stated, the use of a humidifier/dehumidifier may be necessary to maintain the proper humidity level of 28% to 65%.
Proper floor maintenance
- All Hapwood™ floors should remain under normal living conditions for temperature and RH from the time the initial sanding is completed for the life of the floor. To ensure this is happens, the HVAC must be in the on position and set between 60° and 80° F immediately after the initial sanding and remain so for the life of the warranty. Humidity must be maintained between 28% to 65% for the Limited Standard Warranty to be valid. The use of a humidifier/dehumidifier may be necessary to maintain the proper humidity level of 28% to 65%.
- Follow the recommended floor care practices for the type of finish used on your Hapwood™ by Howell site finished floor. Ask your flooring contractor for best practices and/or follow the instructions of your finish manufacturer.
Implied warranties, including those of fitness for a particular purpose and merchantability (an unwritten warranty that the Product is fit for ordinary use) are limited to the lifetime of the floor. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
The purpose of this Limited Standard Warranty is to allow replacement of defective products. You should expect the replacement to take approximately 60 days from receipt of claim. If Howell is to furnish an equivalent replacement product, Howell may, at its sole discretion, elect to refund to the customer a portion of the original purchase price equivalent to the value of the affected product. This Limited Standard Warranty does not include labor costs incurred to remove or reinstall products which shall be the sole responsibility of the customer. Under no circumstance will the value of a warranty claim exceed the original purchase price of the product. A certified flooring inspector will likely be used to assess the situation.
To file a claim, first contact Howell Hardwood Flooring, by phone at 334-792-1197 or by certified letter at P.O. Box 250, Dothan, AL 36302 for instruction. Howell will request your contact information and pertinent information about the product, the installer, the interior conditions of the house or building, and other relevant parties (such as the builder.) Howell reserves the right to have a representative inspect the floor and remove samples for analysis. Any attempt to repair, replace or refinish prior to Howell having the opportunity to inspect and approve corrective action will void this Limited Standard Warranty.
This writing is the complete and exclusive statement of the Limited Standard Warranty and is in lieu of all other express and/or statutory warranties. Howell assumes no liability for incidental or consequential damages. However, some states do not allow this exclusion, and it may not apply in all cases. This Limited Standard Warranty gives you specific legal rights that may vary from state to state.